Social Security Disability

Has your claim for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) been denied?

You have the right to appeal this in order to have a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge. However, if you appeal, you face a long and difficult period as you wait to have your claim heard.

The appeals process can leave you waiting for more than a year before you finally have your hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. This can be very stressful when you are unable to work due to a disability.

As you struggle to get through each day while going to doctors as you try to get well, preparation for the hearing probably is not your biggest concern. However, thorough preparation for the hearing is crucial to a successful appeal.

Understanding the appeal process of the Social Security Administration

So, while you turn to medical professionals for proper treatment, you also need to consider retaining an attorney who understands the appeal process of the Social Security Administration so that your claim receives the attention necessary to help you maximize your chance of being found disabled.

I have the Social Security Disability experience you need.  As part of your case’s preparation, I will:

  • Get to know you and your situation;
  • Contact your doctors and gather all of your relevant treatment records;
  • Develop a plan for proving that you are disabled, under the definition established by the Social Security law;
  • Be available to discuss all aspects of your particular circumstances, to answer your questions, and to discuss your concerns during the entire process; and
  • Make sure that you feel as comfortable as possible when the day of your hearing finally arrives and that you receive the representation you deserve at the hearing.

I understand and can help you.

If you would like to discuss your appeal with someone who understands and has experience with the Social Security Administration’s disability process and the issues involved in proving disability, please contact me at 412-454-9012 to set up a consultation about your case.